Senior Construction Engineer or Architect
Jax Kneppers Associates Inc. (JKA) is a dedicated team of construction consultants with a range of specialized skills ready to solve problems. Our services include building envelope design, forensic engineering, structural engineering, schedule damages, cost estimating, and planning management. We have provided solution and resolution to over 2500 projects ranging from thousand to billion dollar projects.
Currently, we are seeking a Senior Construction Engineer or Architect with experience in design, investigation and repair of existing building structures.
This position is available in our Walnut Creek office.
The Senior Construction Engineer or Architect is responsible for managing client relationships, project teams, and client deliverables. Candidates should have the aptitude to investigate and diagnose issues with building envelope, structural design, materials, construction process, and provide technically sound solutions to problems. Candidates should be familiar with commercial and residential construction codes and standards, field-testing protocols, design experience, and structural evaluation. Familiarity with reinforced concrete, steel, wood, masonry, and other structural systems are required.
- Develop the scope of services and prepare proposals
- Conduct on-site inspections including field testing, sampling, and documentation
- Analyze, research and investigate data
- Prepare investigative reports and final project deliverables
- Conduct meetings, negotiate with multiple parties
- Strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Conversant with statistical analysis
- Experience in managing a range of projects from small to large
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently
- BS degree or higher in civil / structural engineering or architecture is required
- Minimum 6-10 years experience
- P.E. / S.E. or Architect license is required.
- Driver’s license and automobile insurance must be in good and current standing
- Ability to climb ladders, work at heights, and travel by car / air to job sites
We offer an environment that is rich for growth, development, and broad industry recognition. We have excellent benefits plans which include medical, life insurance, long term disability, paid time off (PTO), holiday and retirement plans.
If this interests you, please email information (resume / curriculum vitae / experience / education / licenses) via our Contact page. No phone calls please.